[GNC] Printer not showing up in print dialogue box

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 12 20:44:32 EST 2021

   On 1/12/21 1:56 PM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:

     Are you using the Flatpak by chance?
     There is a work around I believe to expose a printer to a Flatpak
     app. (a limitation of Flatpak, not specific to GnuCash as far as I
     am aware)
     There were some issues with direct printing on MacOS (and I think
     Windows) due to a problem with the Webkit version used by GnuCash,
     and the temporary solution was to default to printing to file. But I
     didn't think Linux suffered this issue. (or I could have my OSs
     mixed up)
     Also, I think I recently saw a change that put MacOS (if not all
     systems) back on Webkit2 which should have resolved this issue.

   I got GnuCash 4.something from Flatpak and it worked pretty well on my
   RHEL8.2 Linux system except it would  not  print. In my experience,
   Flatpack puts things in the wrong directories and gives them bizarre
   very-complex names. This violated many of the security constraints of
   the SELinux kernel that comes with RHEL releases since RHEL 6.

   My only  solution was  to remove all Flatkak stuff and get it
   elsewhere. That is not always easy, but  it the end, it is less
   trouble.
--
  .~.  Jean-David Beyer
  /V\  Shrewsbury, New Jersey