[GNC] Configuring Automatic Retrieval Quotes error

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 04:01:25 EST 2021

Hi Denise

I am not sure why you have encountered that error.

As a workaround, you could try installing Strawberry Perl independently
from this web site: https://strawberryperl.com/

Once perl is installed, you need to run the "gnc-fq-update" script (also
located in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\" directory) to
install the perl modules required to retrieve online quotes.

[Background: GnuCash relies on another free software package (perl) to
access online quotes.  Perl is not part of GnuCash.]

Report back here if you get stuck.

Regards

Geoff
=====