[GNC] multiple attachments

Liz Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon Jan 25 23:19:29 EST 2021

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 22:22:51 -0500
Michael or Penny Novack <stepbystepfarm at comcast.net> wrote:

> What are you trying to do? I mean what sort of documentation are you
> trying to associate with the transactions? What is the purpose?

I've used file attachment in the past, but it isn't really useful in my
workflow. I haven't scanned the documents when I enter the data, so
it's an additional step Gnucash > scanner > Gnucash.

Then when I send data to the accountant, the links aren't useful.
I'm finding it more useful to file the scans under this format

/home/user/gnucash/Entity/Financial_year/type

where Type is income, expenditure, statements and other.
Then I copy Entity/financial_year/ to the CD for the accountant and all
the scans or emailed data is there for the accountant.

Liz