[GNC] Scheduled transaction with variable amount

D. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 08:17:04 EDT 2021

Creating a transaction for a total amount as of a certain date doesn't seem particularly useful. What if you have a dispute, or a return, or a transaction that is not accurate, or needs correction? An automatically-created transaction will need to be corrected as well.

Gnucash provides an option during the final step of the reconcile process to create a payment in the total statement amount. From an accounting perspective, this is the best point to create this payment. You have just established that your books and theirs match, and the amount due is confirmed.

If you're not seeing this dialog during the reconcile process, you have turned the feature off for that account, but it can be reset. Just don't ask me how...

David T.