[GNC] Scheduled transactions details

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 12:43:02 EDT 2021

I'll take a stab at answering these questions.

1 the value column comes into play when there are accounts valued in more
than one currency or security and there is an exchange involved.   The most
common case is an investment transaction.   The Since Last Run 😈  needs
manual input to assign an exchange valuation to the transaction.

2 All transactions must be balanced with equal debits and credits.  The
Scheduled Transaction Editor cannot test amounts defined with variables for
balance.   The Since Last Run 😈  can force the user to assign an exchange
rate where needed, but for cases where there is still an imbalance in a
single currency GnuCash will automatically assign it to an imbalance
account in the specific currency.