[GNC] Accounts Payable payment entry is marked as an Invoice

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Nov 22 20:28:15 EST 2021

Adrien,
The "I" means "Invoice" (which internally can mean Customer Invoice,
Vendor Bill, etc).  It is in both AR and AP accounts, and it is labled "I"
in there in either case.
NORMALLY when you make a payment it gets a P.
If you post and Invoice (or Bill/Credit Note/etc) it gets an I.

When it has an I, the transaction is immutable from the register --
because you are supposed to edit it by unposting the Invoice/Bill/etc and
then re-posting it.

HOWEVER, the I/P/? column can be "clicked on" by a user, which will
transition it to the "next" type, and, if you do this *manually* and it
transitions to an I --- it becomes immutable... and there is no way in the
UI to undo that.

So Chris was basically saying "don't do that".

MOST likely this is the cause of your issue.  The only fix is to go into
the data file and remove the flag from the transaction under the covers.
There is no UI way to fix it, because you're not supposed to go into AR/AP
accounts.

-derek

On Mon, November 22, 2021 8:05 pm, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> I'll add that I'm not totally dense, and it seems like you're offering a
> fix, but either some important details are missing, or, we are
> misunderstanding one another.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> On 11/22/21 6:04 PM, Christopher Lam wrote:
>> You must have opened the AR register, and clicked on the Transaction
>> type
>> "I" payment split. This stupidly changes it to "P".
>> The official fix is to not click on the AP/AR register.
>>
>> On Tue, 23 Nov 2021, 5:45 am Adrien Monteleone, <
>> adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I was entering annual property tax bills, and noticed for one from last
>>> year, that it has a notation on the Vendor Report of:
>>>
>>> "Please note some transactions were not processed
>>> 1. Transaction has type invoice but no owner or lot"
>>>
>>> Viewing the AP register shows the payment entry, but marked with an "I"
>>> instead of a "P".
>>>
>>> Jumping to the Invoice shows it as PAID, and viewing lots shows both
>>> invoice and payment with a zero balance. (no balance really)
>>>
>>> Any ideas on what caused this and how to fix it?
>>>
>>> (using 4.7 on BigSur)
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Adrien

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745