[GNC] elementary questions

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Oct 25 17:43:16 EDT 2021

I would add a suggestion to investigate something along the lines of
Markdown syntax. Most of the syntax/convention allows for 'plain ascii
formatting' so the text is readable by plain text e-mail apps, and you
still get your emphasis across.

There are some advanced formatting measures for special cases, and while
it is possible to attach images to list messages, you need to do so 'as
attachments' *not* 'inline'. Many e-mail apps default to 'inline'.

Some benefits of learning something like Markdown include: a good editor
can then generate a nice PDF if you need it (though you wouldn't be
attaching it to a list message); many websites can easily convert
Markdown syntax to well-formed HTML if desired (such as for a blog
post); some forum sites might even let you post it directly and then
render it properly formatted.

Regards,
Adrien