[GNC] "Gnucash.exe has stopped working"

David Cousens davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 19:50:04 EDT 2021

Francesco

What do you mean by closing the Cash Ledger? There is usually an Accounts tab
which has the accounts tree displayed in it from which you can open a tab for a
specific account (usually referred to as an account register). Closing either of
those tabs should not cause the GnuCash program to exit.

Closing the Window in which the Gnucash program appears on the desktop using the
usual Windows controls in the upper right corner of the Window will not allow
GnuCash to exit and store its results cleanly and will leave the .LCK file in
place.

Exiting the program using the File->Quit menu item normally results in the .LCK
file being deleted when the program exits and that message not being displayed
on a restart. This is the recommended method of exiting the program as it
ensures that any data is saved to the file and the file is unlocked before
exiting.

The File->Close menu item does not close the GnuCash program down. It only
closes the currently open tab which has the focus in the GnuCash window.

David Cousens