[GNC] Reconciliation discrepancies

Jean Laroche ripngo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 04:58:15 EDT 2022

One potential source of problem is banks that mess up the unique
identifier of downloaded transactions.
In my case Citibank is inconsistent in assigning a unique and constant
FITID for each transaction. So if I re-download transactions, there's a
chance that the FITID of a previously downloaded transaction will not be
the same as the first time I downloaded it. This means GC will think
it's a new transaction and I'll end up with a duplicated transactions
and failure to reconcile.

This was so annoying I had to write a small python script to correct the
issue myself in the ofx file before importing it in GC.

Jean