[GNC] Request for two new features in GnuCash

Robert Kesterson robertk at robertk.com
Sat Aug 6 21:29:29 EDT 2022

Both of these are already possible.  I maintain two GnuCash files, and most often run both of them at the same time with two different instances of GnuCash.  You just have to tell it which file to open, either by using “File/Open” or with a command line argument.   I do this on a Mac with command line arguments in an Alfred workflow but you could do the same with a script on any platform.    You could have as many as you like, not just two.   I have been doing this for years and have never had a single problem from running this way.

As for multiple payment sources, just show the splits on the transaction and you can enter as many payment sources as you like for the transaction, each in a separate split entry.