[GNC] Tax Accounting for Trust Income Received in Following Fiscal Year

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Aug 13 13:28:07 EDT 2022

One of these years I'll find time to rewrite that chapter. I don't know of any case where someone in GnuCash's target user base of individuals and very small companies would need to book unrealized gains that way; mostly only big financial companies need to do that.

The normal way of tracking portfolio performance runs off of the price database. The account balances on the Accounts page are converted to the book's root currency at the most recent price in the price database and most reports default selection is to use the price nearest in time to the report date. You can create prices with the Add button in the Price Database dialog, Tools>Price Database.

Regards,
John Ralls