[GNC] GC 3.11 crashes during "Check & Repair"

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 09:10:13 EDT 2022

Thanks for all the references, particularly for reminding me to check the trace file.  Unfortunately, the only error messages logged in the trace file were at the beginning of the process:
* 09:31:56 ERROR <gnc.app-utils> gnc_process_get_fd: assertion 'proc' failed
* 09:31:56 ERROR <gnc.app-utils> gnc_detach_process: assertion 'proc && proc->pid' failed
I am reluctant to venture into gdb, much less compiling GC myself, but perhaps these lines at the end of the trace file give a hint to which part of the XML file is giving "Check & Repair" indigestion:
* 10:07:41  INFO <gnc.engine.scrub> [xaccAccountScrubImbalance] Finished processing split 113 of 304
* 10:07:41  INFO <gnc.engine.scrub> [xaccAccountScrubImbalance] Start processing split 114 of 304
Is there any way for me to identify what part of the XML file "split 114 of 304" corresponds to?
Given that GC was started several times by mistake when price update were running on the same file, I suspect that the bad records are in the price history part of the DB.
I can readily do without the price history if there is some way of migrating all of the transactions to the new file version.

Of course I ran 3.11 on a copy.

Message: 2