[GNC] GC 3.11 crashes during "Check & Repair"

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 10:25:23 EDT 2022

Many thanks to all who have offered help and advice.  The following evidence strongly suggests a memory management problem to me:
1. I was able to perform "Check & Repair" on all accounts and subaccounts by dividing them up into smaller groups, saving, exiting and restarting GC in between.
2. If I tried to "Check & Repair" too much at once, GUI response would slow dramatically and GC would forget how to do things it had already done successful in the same session, e.g. saving, which, when attempted, produced messages like:

* 22:08:34  WARN <gnc.gui> [gnc_builder_connect_full_func()] ggaff: could not find signal handler 'gnc_ui_file_access_response_cb'.
<<
I now have what I think is a working and fully checked file in GC 3.11 for Windows and will now try upgrading it to 4.8 in Ubuntu Studio.
My file does include Trading accounts, so Kalpesh's suspicions may be right.  However, this raises the question of whether I need a newer version than 4.8 in Ubuntu Studio.