[GNC] Importing Transactions from CSV

M M_Stagl at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 14 21:15:54 EST 2022

My credit card company recently stopped publishing their transactions in
OFX format.  They now only offer the transactions in CSV format.

The issue I have is they list both deposits and withdrawals in the same
"Amount" column.  They signify deposits as negative amounts, and
withdrawals as positive amounts.

As far as I can tell, Gnucash only allows imports of a "Withdrawals" or
"Deposits" column type when importing transactions in CSV format.  Is
this correct?

Is there any way to streamline the import of this data without modifying
the CSV file to move negative numbers to another column? I suppose I
could write a python script to do this automatically, but I was
wondering if I am missing something in Gnucash.

Thanks!

Mike