[GNC] Debug information to sort out Finance::Quote issue on macOS Ventura

Vincent Lucarelli vincent.lucarelli at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 19:37:18 EST 2022

Hi,

I upgraded to macOS Ventura and am having trouble getting Finance::Quote to work.

gnc-fq-dump is working in the terminal (see shell output below), but in GnuCash I get the error “There was a system error while retrieving the price quotes.”

Is there some way to get debugging output from the GnuCash app so I can see what call is being made and what error is occurring?

Thanks,

Vince

Terminal Transcript

% which perl
/usr/bin/perl
% pwd
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin
% IEXCLOUD_API_KEY=pk_redacted... DEBUG=1 ./gnc-fq-dump -v iexcloud AAPL

### AlphaVantage->new args : {}

### store_date symbol: 'AAPL'
### store_date pieces: {
###                      isodate => '2022-12-15'
###                    }
isodate 2022-12-15 -> Day 15, Month 12, Year 2022

### format: 1
Final Year-Month-Day -> 2022-12-15

### format: 1
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: AAPL                 <=== required
      date: 12/15/2022           <=== recommended
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 136.61               <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

All fields returned by Finance::Quote for stock AAPL

stock           field  value
AAPL         currency: USD
AAPL       currency_set_by_fq: 1
AAPL             date: 12/15/2022