[GNC] show unposted invoices in customer report?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Jan 4 12:46:33 EST 2022

Hi,

On Tue, January 4, 2022 12:38 pm, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I like that I'm able to draft an invoice and then keep it open until I'm
> ready to post it.  It makes trivial to me to take note in a place I'm
> sure I won't forget (because I won't right?) of jobs I completed for a
> customer, before it comes the time to invoice them for it.
>
> However, finding those invoices later on is quite hard.  Currently, the
> only way I found is:
>  business > find invoice > start some search that hopefully will
>  return the unposted invoice I need
> that (especially the last step) is very bothersome.
>
> I'd love to see those invoices in the "customer report" that I get, for
> example, by double-clicking on a line in the "customers overview" page,
> then it would be trivial to spot.
>
> Such invoices could easily be sorted in an "unposted invoices" section
> under (or over?) the current table.
> That feels like the optimal spot for such data, instead of burying them
> into the deep crevices of the "find invoice" gorge.
>

> Am I the only one that feels bothered by the current state of this
> feature?  Anybody has a suggestion on how to improve this?
> Should I turn my suggestion in a bug report to improve the current
> "customer report" report?

The Customer Report is designed to be an "account status" for you to send
to the Customer.  Unposted Invoices effectively "do not exist" as far as
the customer is concerned, so should not be in that report.

Having said that, you can do a search for invoice "is not" "posted" and it
will bring a list of all unposted invoices for you.

> --
> regards,
>                         Mattia Rizzolo

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745