[GNC] show unposted invoices in customer report?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Jan 4 13:24:21 EST 2022

On Tue, January 4, 2022 1:14 pm, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2022 at 12:46:33PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> The Customer Report is designed to be an "account status" for you to
>> send
>> to the Customer.  Unposted Invoices effectively "do not exist" as far as
>> the customer is concerned, so should not be in that report.
>
> Right, but what about something for *me* to see as well?  :D

Feel free to write a new report and submit it to the team for inclusion.
In 20 years, you're the first person to ask for this.

>> Having said that, you can do a search for invoice "is not" "posted" and
>> it
>> will bring a list of all unposted invoices for you.
>
> Right, which is similar to what I do, except that it takes 6 clicks to
> bring up a list, then a double click to open up the search result, then
> another click to close the search window.  And most of those clicks
> require focus as I need to click the right label in a list, plus the
> small checkbox to disable the "is posted" selection.

I count 5 clicks, but I guess it depends if you hover over Customer or
click on it to get to Find Invoice.

> I mean, I totally see there is a way, but I'm arguing it's so much
> harder than it needs be, IMHO.

How many unposted invoices do you have at a time?
If not many, why not just leave your unposted invoices open until you post
them?
Still, it shouldn't be something that you need to do often.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745