[GNC] OneDrive

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed Jan 19 05:13:35 EST 2022

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 09:20:51AM -0000, jim at billinghurst.net wrote:
> I have been using One Drive for over a year for a local community business
> and had no problems.
> I also have another set of accounts for a charity that uses SharePoint to
> save the files, again no problems.

I simply use Syncthing to synchronise the GnuCash files between my
laptop and my desktop machines, it works perfectly.  Obviously I need
to be sure I don't run GnuCash on both machines at the same time but
that's not difficult.  Systems don't have to be on the same network
for Syncthing to work and it will re-synchronise after a total
disconnection.

It means I don't rely on 'the cloud' for any backups and everything is
kept on hardware that's mine.  Syncthing is available for MS, Apple,
Linux and Android systems and can synchronise files across all of them
if you want.

I do keep (off site) incremental backups as well.  You do need to be
able to go back in time to recover from your own errors which GnuCash
(or whatever) has faithfully saved for you! :-)

--
Chris Green