[GNC] gnucash-user Digest, Vol 226, Issue 56

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Jan 21 12:26:25 EST 2022

Hi,

First, please only reply to the specific message, not the whole digest
message...

On Fri, January 21, 2022 12:18 pm, Dan wrote:
> Thank you David Cousens for your reply, I have studied it to great
> benefit.
> One question I have is whether the mainfile can be automatically stored in
> its own directory through a setting, or if I need to move the mainfile to
> its own directory manually.  Also, should this be done on a regular basis,
> or only when attempting to recover from a crash.

You can get GnuCash to "move" the file via File -> Save As.  If you do it
that way, it will remember open windows and reports, and not treat it as a
new file.

Note that GnuCash will always store the log and backup files in the same
directory as the main data file.

> Dan

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745