[GNC] GNC used side by side with GNC Andriod

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 06:24:52 EST 2022

Jeff,

Yes there's a couple of threads back in Oct/Nov 2021 - basically you've got
a crap record in your file exported from the Android app and it's split in
such a manner that the importer thinks you have a stock record in your
file.  See the following for all the gory details :-)

https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2021-October/098158.html
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2021-November/098355.html
- Solution here which says the following...

" Hi ALL EXPERTS

Ultimately I split the QIF file in Text editor and isolated the
corrupted  record. In that record out of the text in Notes (Memo)
field, the letter capital "I" somehow came to occupy the first
position in the row, Now, as per the QIF file protocol, "I" indicates
Price. Hence the importing desktop program interpreted it as "share
price" and since there was some other text after "I" , the error
message got generated. I simply removed the "I" from the first
position of the row and imported the file successfully.
(Big)-Thanks to YOU ALL for your valuable guidance and persistent
follow-up on the issue."

Cheers David H.