[GNC] Transaction Paste problem?

Paul Kinzelman paul at kinzelman.com
Fri Jul 1 12:52:57 EDT 2022

This happened in 4.9 so I upgraded to 4.11 (latest) and it's still
happening.
Running on W10.

If I Transaction|Copy, say a credit card charge, then paste it into the
same or a different credit-card account, it doesn't display or paste
correctly.

So if I have a transaction in a credit card account like
Date, SomeCompany, Expenses:someaccount, Payment blank, Charge $12.34,
Balance $1123

Then I copy it and paste it into the same or different credit card account,
I expect to see that same line with the date changed to today so that I
can Enter and commit that transaction.

However, in Basic Ledger View after the paste, what I see is:
Date, SomeCompany, Liability:SameAccount, Payment $12.34, Charge blank,
Balance $1123
The payment is in the wrong column, and the account in the transaction
is the same account that I'm already viewing.
And if I Enter, the transaction seems to vanish because it's a transfer from
and to the same account.

But if I do the same thing but before Enter, go to View Transaction Journal,
then the pasted transaction looks correct, just like the one I copied.
And then if I Enter, the transaction is committed correctly.
And then if I go back to Basic Ledger View, the transaction still looks OK.

So to make it work, I have to go to View Transaction Journal, do the
paste and
enter, then go back to Basic Ledger View
-Paul Kinzelman