[GNC] Saving window position (and size)

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jul 12 22:14:58 EDT 2022

For the simple reason they'll be annoyed and try to ignore the bug
report, I'd file it. You never know who else has the same problem with
various apps. Heck, I'd bet the bug is already filed, maybe even closed
as 'won't fix'. That's even better. File another and make them spend
their time marking it as a duplicate and closing it. (when their time
could be better spent by FIXING *their* bug.)

Normally, I'd never suggest such action, but these folks bring it on
themselves with their dismissive and haughty attitudes, and you're doing
nothing wrong reporting or reviving an obvious bug that is indeed, their
fault. (why introduce Wayland as 'ready' when it isn't? If it works, why
doesn't it work?)

I'm sure I'll get admonished for the above, but really the admonishment
belongs on sour attitudes. Such are not conducive to the Open Source
model, community, and users providing much needed feedback.

** Special Note **

GnuCash devs are *not* like this. They'll (at their discretion of
course) spend an inordinate amount of their personal, volunteer time
helping users fix something, even if they've helped 10k people before
you apply the same fix. These folks are golden and have more patience
than the rest of the known universe. I have the utmost respect and
appreciation for the GnuCash dev team.

Regards,
Adrien