[GNC] Another crash

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 00:04:30 EDT 2022

Phyllis,
I could not find in your messages what release of GnuCash that you are
using or what kind of computer you are running it on.  I assume that it is
a fairly recent release of GnuCash, but if it happens to be release 4.10,
for example, IIRC that release has a bug that could be your problem.  I
think there has been discussion about that in another recent thread.

Further, if you are using an older computer with relatively limited
resources that could also be an issue.  Often, if that is true you also
have problems with your web browser or other programs too.

If you can share some of that background information here others here can
help with getting to the root of the problem.

It appears that you are storing your data on your 'C' drive so presumably
you should not be having complications with network issues,  However, once
a file has experienced an abnormal closing there is a small chance that it
has been corrupted, so it would pay to run Check and Repair on all
transactions in that file and consider creating a new test file to see if
that file also has issues.

I hope we can get you through this!

David Carlson