[GNC] Questions on invoicing and invoice format

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Jun 22 14:32:22 EDT 2022

On 6/22/22 4:40 AM, Charles Vincent wrote:
> 1. Is it possible to delete invoices?  As I was setting up invoices, I made
> some mistakes so I now have invoice 1, invoice 2 and invoice 3 with
> different print options for the same student but I cannot seem to find a
> way to delete unnecessary invoices. Any option for that?

No, you can't delete them.

But you can re-assign them to someone else.

When this happens, I usually edit the invoice# to be something like 'Use
Next' and before starting an invoice, I'll do a Find for the 'Use Next'
invoice#, then edit from there.

> 2. How do I save a Fancy invoice configuration which will apply to all
> clients?  Right now, the only way I have been able to do it is to save the
> fancy configuration for client 1 but when I use the same configuration for
> client 2, it comes out with the name of client 1 instead of client 2.
> What I am asking is the process to save a Print Invoice configuration (or a
> Report /Saved Report configurations) which can be used for many clients
> without having to format each individual client.

As far as I know, there is no way to specify a different default
configuration. It would be a very useful enhancement. Unless you really
need to, I'd avoid putting client info in the configuration. Keep it as
general as possible.

> 3.  What is the process to ensure that When I open and insert amounts in a
> new invoice, what is the process to ensure that it automatically goes to
> the right print invoice fancy format?  I cannot figure it out.

It doesn't work automatically. You have to choose the stylesheet each
time if you want to use one other than the default. (note, you *can*
edit and save changes to the default) There is no way to change *which*
stylesheet is the default. This too would be quite useful.

Regards,
Adrien