[GNC] Reconcile Reset Please

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Mar 1 10:18:09 EST 2022

HI,

On Tue, March 1, 2022 10:05 am, Brock Rycenga wrote:
> Someone please tell me there is a way to "reset" the reconcile record
> for an account. There has to be a way. I am on my 2nd attempt at
> rebuilding all of my accounts and their corresponding transactions. I
> have successfully reconciled all but my final checking account.
> Unfortunately, as soon as I started the first reconcile, it showed an
> enormous negative starting balance. Why? Where is this coming from?

The reconciled balance is computed from the account at run-time, which
means you must have some reconciled transactions in the account.

> Why can't I just reset everything for that account - without deleting
> and re-entering all the transactions?

There is no single button to push to unreconcile, but you can go into the
account register, find all the reconciled transactions, and then click on
the 'y' to unreconcile them.  Unfortunately you must do this
one-at-a-time.

> I realize this has been discussed often, but I cannot find anything
> that offers a solution. Only the response that the user is doing
> something wrong, and to not do things wrong.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745