[GNC] How To Put Opening Balance in Acc Rev Account?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Mar 15 00:08:15 EDT 2022

Usually entering manual transactions in the AR/AP accounts is
discouraged because if you are using (or later decide to use) the
Business Features, they will not see those transactions.

The proper thing to do would be to Process Payment for the overpayment
amount for the tenant (customer).

When an invoice is entered for the customer, then apply that overpayment
to it.

If you really want to do things manually, create a child of AR called
'Other AR' or something similar, (as a regular type 'asset', *not* type
'A/Receivable' as you can only have one of those in your book) and enter
your manual transactions there according to David's advice.

Regards,
Adrien