[GNC] How to convert between currency and assets and record change of value

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri May 20 12:48:20 EDT 2022

If you're doing this regularly, this sounds like a retail operation.

Purchase:

Dr. Assets::Inventory
Cr. Assets::Checking

Sale:

Dr. Assets::Undeposited Funds (for amount of sale)
Cr. Income::Sales (for amount of sale)
Dr. Expenses::Cost of Goods Sold (for value of inventory)
Cr. Inventory (for value of inventory)

Deposit in Checking:
Dr. Assets::Checking
Cr. Assets::Undeposited Funds