[GNC] Gnu Cash / UNrealised Losses in Trial balance

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 09:40:07 EDT 2022

You are on the right track.  The unrealized losses probably came from some
transaction involving another currency exchange with your primary currency
or, as Derek hinted, two or more transactions involving a security or other
commodity.  You can adjust the date range of the report to narrow down the
group of transactions to search for the source of the issue.  To eliminate
the loss you would need to add a transaction to convert the unrealized loss
to a realized loss.  Others here can give specific advice once you have
found the offending transactions.

On Fri, Nov 4, 2022 at 8:26 AM Eid Eid <eideid at ideko-lb.com> wrote:

> Thank you,
>
> In my case, this seems to be related to the EUR/USD rate.
> When I print a trial Balance, and I change which rate to use "Nearest in
> time, Last recorded price, etc.." this figure (UNrealised losses) is
> changing. I do not have inventory.
>
> So I feel this is "Difference of Exchange" . Is my understanding correct?
>
> Thanks,
>
> EE

David Carlson