[GNC] Reusing old invoices?

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Fri Nov 18 10:54:01 EST 2022

Hi Adrian,

> I recall an issue not long ago with an uneditable, unposted invoice.
> I'll check to see if I resolved it and if so, how. (this was an issue
> with the line-items, the details were editable)
Yes, those are my symptoms - on one particular invoice the line-items
are uneditable whereas the details are editable.  Any pointers would be
great, thanks.

> Be sure you aren't trying to edit the details directly in the fields on
> the invoice tab. (I know, that is confusing UI/UX) You have to use the
> Edit button on the toolbar and make changes there. (or use the Edit
> Bill/Invoice entry in the Edit menu)
Yes, the [Edit Invoice] button is functional - as is the 'Edit' menu >
'Edit Invoice' menu item - and allows me to edit the details, but none
of the buttons [Entre] [Cancel] [Delete] [Duplicate] [Up] [Down] [Blank]
work, nor their equivalent entries under the 'Actions' menu.

> I don't think you can change a Credit Note to an Invoice. (I recall
> wanting to do this once, and couldn't figure out how)
It may just have to languish until I need to issue a credit note again

> You should be able to simply renumber the Note/Invoice to avoid
> duplication confusion.
Yes, but then I've found that the numbering goes out - that is, the
auto-numbering creates invoices with a number that was created last time
(iirc) and so duplicates...

> I usually 'number' my need-to-be-reused bills/invoices as "Use Next" and
> then edit as needed later and post.
Hmm, interesting.  So, I can 'number' invoices with letters...?  (It
seems so, I've just done it!)

Thank you.
btw, could you copy me in please

--