[GNC] Saved report configurations

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Oct 7 08:42:12 EDT 2022

You have to set your mail app to 'attach' rather than pasting the images
within the text. (known as 'inline')

The mailman software that this list runs on will strip out inline
images, but does allow attachments.

A usually more robust method is to store the images on a 3rd party site
and paste in the links within your text. (though too many links may also
get stripped out)

I left your original reply quoted below, as you can see, nothing came
through - just your text, so it is difficult to visualize what is going on.

------

Perhaps you were overwriting previous saved configs each year?

If not, and you had a list of configs that disappeared, have you moved
your GnuCash installation in that time frame? Changed computers? Opened
a new file? (or maybe fix a condition of using a backup file?)

If this was a move/file issue, you might be able to recover those
configs by finding them in their original location.

If this is an overwrite issue, you can open a config, change dates, and
*save it as a new config* this time to preserve it.

You'd need to do that for each one that is missing.

------

While you can use configs for any Option change to preserve those
changes, Dates are usually something unnecessary to save unless there
are other changes involved. It is easy enough to run a report for any
date range you need at any time. (and about as many clicks vs. saved
configs)

Another option is to run reports at period end, and save PDF copies for
reference.

But of course, you can save them as configs if you wish.

Regards,
Adrien

On 10/7/22 5:29 AM, Mahon Finbar wrote:
> I use an app called Capture Wiz to capture and cntl/v them into
> messages. What should I be doing?
>
> Anyway, I showed the saved link of the web page from Reports>Saved
> Report Configs which shows P&L as the first line and P&L 21 as the
> second. The undated one is actually 2021 (maybe I didn't date it??)  and
> the send one is 2022...(maybe another booboo...? ) I finally clicked the
> undated one and there was 2021....yippee.
>
> So, it has worked out OK, for 2021, but I don't have any of the older
> ones, I have been saving since 19xx and have been able to recover them,
> until this year, but they are no longer there.
>
> Finbar

<snip>

Original Post looked like this: