[GNC] rounding of Invoice vs Accounts Receivable

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Oct 17 19:42:19 EDT 2022

The problem with advertising 'inclusive' sales tax is, except in limited
circumstances, usually impossible. This is because in many
jurisdictions, there are taxes that scale with the amount of the total
purchase, or on the day of the purchase (tax holidays anyone?) or even
who the buyer is, (exempt, partially?) or where they 'live'. (some taxes
charged at point of sale, others the rate is based on the point of delivery)

Sales Taxes here are enough of a nightmare precisely because courts have
allowed this mess and not forced everything to be 'point of sale'.
Having to include them in pricing is practically impossible in many,
many cases.

 From the perspective of someone who's worked in both the business end
of retail and service sectors, I'd give a big thumbs down to inclusive
pricing being a requirement. It can be done in a few limited cases, but
certainly not universally.

Regards,
Adrien