[GNC] Save or Backup file

David Cousens davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 06:16:29 EDT 2022

Alan

GnuCash creates a backup file at the start of each session and creates a log
file during the session. This is principally to allow recovery from program
crashes which may corrupt the data file. The state of the file may be recovered
by opening the backup created before a crash and then reloading the logfile for
the session in which the crash occurred. It is sometimes necessary to edit the
log file in a text editor to remove the last operation if that led to the crash.

It is recommended to keep each datafile in its own directory/folder and the
internal backaups and log files will be created in the directory. You can set a
preference for the number of logfiles and backup files to retain.

It is also recommended practice to backup this directory to at least one or
moreof another computer, a network storage device, a cloud storage, a USB stick,
CD-DVD fairly frequently.

David Cousens