[GNC] Problems upgrading to 4.8a

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Sep 5 03:46:38 EDT 2022

Hi Phil,

Regarding the documentation, it seems like Ubuntu 22.04.1 ships a newer help viewer that's
not compatible with where GnuCash stores its guide and manual on disk. This has been fixed
for the future GnuCash 5.0 but not for the current 4.x series.

As temporary workarounds you could either
- browse the documentation online (via the gnucash website) or
- load the documentation from the command line using one of these commands

  yelp /usr/share/gnome/help/C/gnucash-guide/gnucash-guide.xml
  yelp /usr/share/gnome/help/C/gnucash-help/gnucash-help.xml

Regards,

Geert