[GNC] Selling an unpaid invoice to another business at face value?

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Tue Dec 5 08:52:28 EST 2023

This is a follow up, with - I hope - a bit more precision and clarity -
to this post:
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2023-August/108615.html

I wish to sell an unpaid invoice made out to business A (old debtor) to
another business B at face value - I raise an invoice to business B for
the sale of the invoice with the value of the invoice made out to
business A.  How do I transfer the new amount now owed by business B
(new debtor) to clear the debt of business A?

I had thought that the process described clear an invoice against a
credit note might be adapted to work.  However, it does not seem
possible to get more than one customer to show in the Process Payment
window.

Thanks.
--
Morgan Read