[GNC] Gnucash 5.5 Windows - included Net Worth Linechart report now crashes the UI

Stan Brown (using GC 4.14) stan+gc at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 19 10:18:23 EST 2023

On 2023-12-19 02:43, Anthony Vanson wrote:
> Restarting Gnucash displays "Could not obtain the lock for C:" Task
> Manager does not show
> Gnucash as running. "Open anyway" does open Gnucash as expected but
> attempting trying to open the above report, crashes again. Any fix please?

Restarting GC after a crash _always_ shows the lock message. This is not
a bug in the program, so no fix is required. It would be nice if the
error message were easier to understand, and we had a long conversation
about that a year or so ago, but there wasn't agreement on the wording.

In any case, follow these directions:
<https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_GnuCash_says_that_it_can.27t_obtain_the_lock_for_my_file._What_should_I_do.3F>

And it's worth bookmarking the FAQ. If you check it before posting a
query, you may find you have an immediate answer with no need to wait
for a custom reply.

<https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ>

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA