[GNC] Gnucash 5.5 Windows - included Net Worth Linechart report now crashes the UI

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 19:02:20 EST 2023

I can reproduce this problem.  I did a clean install of GnuCash v5.5 in
a clean Windows 10 Sandbox and created a default set of accounts.  Every
report that I tried crashed GnuCash silently.  Same result on my own
books so this is not data related.

The charts are actually being created as HTML files, but the crash
occurs when GnuCash tries to display the results - see attached screenshot.

The trace file contains the following error message that I do not
understand:

* 10:29:50  WARN <GLib-GIO> Failed to open application manifest
`C:\Program
Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge.Stable_92.0.902.67_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml'
for package #38
(`Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge.Stable_92.0.902.67_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe'):
error code 0x2

(The directory mentioned above exists but is empty.)

Task manager does not show any zombie GnuCash processes after repeated
crashes, so that particular v5.4 problem appears to be fixed.

Geoff
=====