[GNC] Hidden accounts selection is erased when modifying a saved report

Gal Bar Mashiah galbarm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 10:57:48 EST 2023

When I create a report that includes hidden accounts, and later open it and
modify something in the report options, the selection of the hidden
accounts is erased.
It may sound like an edge scenario but it happens a lot.

For example I have a net worth report that shows the net worth from a time
in the post until today, on a monthly basis.
To create the report I had to choose hidden accounts of long past closed
accounts.
Back to the present, now I open the report but I want to change an option -
it can be the date range, it can be a new account that didn't exist before,
something it is even just displaying the result with a different currency.
But when I do it, the accounts selection UI has the "Show Hidden Accounts"
unchecked (even though it was checked when the report was created and
saved) and as a result, all those hidden accounts get erased from the
report after the modification is done.

Is it intended? Is it a limitation? Should I create a bug in bugzilla?