Changed credit card number

John K. Taber jktaber at charter.net
Fri Mar 12 14:49:50 EST 2010

My credit card number was recently changed due to compromise of data at a
merchant, I was told.

Consequently, GnuCash won't let me import charge card transactions into the
credit card account. GC insists that I import the transactions into a new
account.

So I created Nonce account and imported. Then I deleted Nonce and
transferred all transactions to Card Old. I don't see any obvious way to
edit Card Old so that it becomes Card New.

This is a minor annoyance. I can live with using a Nonce account, but I
would like a simpler way to import into the old credit card account.

Suggestions, please.