Changed credit card number

Michael DeBusk michael at nlphilia.com
Fri Mar 12 22:41:50 EST 2010

On Fri, March 12, 2010 14:49, John K. Taber wrote:

> My credit card number was recently changed due to compromise of data at a
> merchant, I was told.

That isn't just a new number. It's a new account. Proper procedure would
be to open a new account in GNUCash and closing out the old one.

I like to add the last four or five digits of my credit card's account
number to the account name for just this sort of situation. I've had to do
it a couple of times over the years.

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments