Changed credit card number

Jeff Kletsky gnucash at allycomm.com
Fri Mar 12 23:14:36 EST 2010

John K. Taber wrote:
> My credit card number was recently changed due to compromise of data at a
> merchant, I was told.
>
> Consequently, GnuCash won't let me import charge card transactions into the
> credit card account. GC insists that I import the transactions into a new
> account.
>
> So I created Nonce account and imported. Then I deleted Nonce and
> transferred all transactions to Card Old. I don't see any obvious way to
> edit Card Old so that it becomes Card New.
>
> [...]

If the problem is that on-line downloads aren't working, you might want
to try breaking the connection between the on-line portion of the
program and the internal accounts, then re-establishing it with the new
account number. You should be able to this through Tools> Online Banking
Setup... and using the Accounts tab once the AQBanking Configuration
screen comes up.