GNUCash Help - Charging Credit Cards

Donna Spr donnasp0 at aol.com
Sat Apr 27 15:58:47 EDT 2013

Hello,

I would have few questions about using GNUCash. To be more exact: about charging (manually entering details) my clients' credit cards for providing them eproducts and services after I get their credit card payment authorization form with card details and signature. Obviously I would like that those funds from charged credit cards are immediately then transfered to my usa bank account WITHOUT a matter of what happens with credit card after that (after my charge - e.g. gets cancelled, etc). Thats because they could report card as stolen, ask for chargeback, get refund of my earned money and keep using my eproduct/service. So my questions about charging credit cards and transfering those funds to bank account are the following:

- does anyone anyhow check/judge/approve transactions before the funds really ''go to'' my bank account?
- what are the fees per one transaction done (this means amount that ends on bank account for exact charge is charged amount minus fees)?
- how long does it take so the funds from one charge occurs on bank account? If answer depend on bank account in which country (but i doubt so) then usa.
- does anyone have the power to block my access to the software or prevent me anyhow doing the transfers from cards to my bank account?
- is there any minimum or maximum amount that may be charged per one card at the same time (per one charge)?
- is there any maximum number of times I can get Transaction Failed due to any reason such as wrong card details, insufficient funds, declined card, etc? To clarify my question: In some extreme situation if I get this error message for like 99% of tried charges (so i could do charge for only 1 card - only 1 would be valid with sufficient funds), would this be any problem from aspect of software usage?
- how does incoming transaction on bank account occurs? One incoming transaction per one card charge or one incoming transaction as a SUM of several charges batched all together?

Thank you and kind regards.