Split transactions are killing me

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Jan 22 04:14:04 EST 2013

On Mon 21 January 13 18:51:13 Will wrote:
> I've followed the instructions, and they simply disappear when I press
> "Enter" or hit the ENTER button.
>
> And then it seems like it works once, and then all the other transactions
> reappear. When I try to delete them, they don't go away, and I have to start
> from scratch all over again.
>
> I've tried a number of different ways, over and over, and this looks like it
> may do me in for GnuCash.
>
> I wish I could describe a simple problem, but there are too many steps and
> variables involved.

Hi Will,

Sorry to be obtuse, I understand your frustration but your post above doesn't
really contain enough info to be able to help you.

Can you take a deep breath, and go through what you do in a step-by-step way,
for one example transaction?  Maybe if the knowledgable folks on this list can
help you get a two- or three-way split transaction entered correctly, you'll
be able to do more complicated ones by yourself.

If you can grab screenshots of what you see, just before and after "they
disappear", and post those, it might be useful.

Maf.