How do I remove an entry from the aging receivables report

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 28 13:00:32 EST 2013

Feidhlim Harty <reeds at wetlandsystems.ie> writes:

> Thanks Derek and Maf.
>
> I found the "show zero balance items" in the report options; followed it and
> got the full spread of clients for the year. Having undid that, I still have
> the same four clients showing zero as always… Not a major problem, just a bit
> unwieldy.

This implies that GnuCash might have lost track of the
invoice<->payments, causing the customers to not have all invoices
marked as paid, even though the *sum* is correct.  There is an open bug
for this, because the root cause has never been properly tracked down.

The workaround is to go into your A/R account, find all the transactions
for that customer, remember and delete all the payment transactions,
delete any "automatic payment forward" transactions, and then re-run the
process payment for each of the payments you deleted.  This should
re-set the invoice lots properly and get those customers out of your
report.