Managed fund - advanced portfolio wrong basis

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Tue Apr 5 19:12:00 EDT 2016

> On Apr 5, 2016, at 3:59 AM, Chris Henderson <henders254 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In the advanced portfolio, the unit of 5000 is showing up as the basis
> whereas it should be the value of $9500.

This would imply that the report is using a price of 1 for this security.  Try to figure out where it gets this price and why it is wrong.  There are various options in the General tab of the report’s preferences that affect the source of prices.  You can also turn on the “show prices” option in the Display panel of the preferences to see for sure what price it is using.  If the report has certain problems finding an appropriate price it will use a price of 1 and show a footnote explaining the problem.  Do you see this happening?

I don’t think there is a general, widespread fault in the report.  I keep an advanced portfolio report open all the time and it looks fine..

          Mike