Using an externally hosted postGreSQL as a gnu cash backend?

Tao, Tchie tchietao at 5th-invention.com
Tue Apr 12 20:51:55 EDT 2016

DBAs generally focus on making sure the DBMS (Postgres, Oracle, MySQL...)
runs well, is tuned properly with available memory and space, that
tablespaces are rationally arranged to optimize performance, indices are
optimized, security set, and that backups and recovery logs work properly.

The actual design layout of tables and the like is called schema design and
is often done by developers and increasingly by data architects.

If anyone here is hiring a DBA, make sure you are looking for a systems and
platform DBA with the above skills.  As someone else on this thread
mentioned, the schema design part has been admirably handled by he GnuCash
development team.

-T