transferring gnucash from ubuntu to mac os x

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 16:57:21 EDT 2016

On 15 April 2016 at 21:06, Lyndon VanWagner <lyndon153 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've followed the documentation for transferring GnuCash data from Linux
> (ubuntu) to Mac OS X.
> However, when I launch it on both systems, many of the accounts have
> different balances in them.
> What gives ?

Are you sure you are opening the same file in each case?  Use File >
Open and browse to the file to make sure.  Obviously that is after
copying the file from one machine to the other.  When I say 'file' I
mean the file that your accounts are stored in, accounts.gnucash or
something similar, whatever you called it when you saved it.

> Is there a better way to transfer the data between computers ?

Difficult to say since you have not told us which documentation you
are following.  In terms of the accounts themselves all you need is
the one accounts file.  If you have saved reports then it gets a bit
more complex.

Colin