Paycheck Entry Question

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sat Apr 30 05:27:52 EDT 2016

On Friday, 29 April 2016 22:13:13 BST Don Ireland wrote:
> I am setting up gnuCash for my personal finances and I've got a question
> regarding setting up my paycheck entry.  I have 3 loans at my credit
> union and the payments are made via a single payroll deduction.  So my
> paycheck shows ONE CU deduction and on the CU side, there are THREE
> deposits.
>
> Given this scenario, would you configure the scheduled transaction to
> show THREE separate deductions for the CU and disregard the fact that
> gnuCash wouldn't match the paystub completely?  Otherwise, how would you
> handle it?

Hi Don,

Are you tracking the 3 loans as separate accounts in GC?

If so, you'll need 3 splits to reduce the balance of each account in GC.

If you have mentally combined the loans into a single account (or are not
tracking them in GC), then a single split will do the job.

I think that either way, you are going to have to accept that GC won't let you
show the transaction exactly the same as your paperwork does - it can't show a
"split split"  ie 1 source to 3 destinations

HTH,
Maf.