Advanced Portfolio Report

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sat Oct 22 01:15:53 EDT 2016

> On Oct 18, 2016, at 2:53 PM, Wm via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> I think this report is quite well understood (I don't fiddle with my
> Saved Reports version) by others and there have certainly been good
> explanations of the splits needed to get it to join stuff together, etc
> in these lists.

For exanple see the threads starting at

<https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2014-February/052892.html>

<https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2014-February/052939.html>

<https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2014-February/053048.html>

<https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2014-February/053179.html>

These may be a bit hard to follow since they describe the changes made to the report as they were being made, but I think they cover most of the rules for structuring your accounts to work with the report.  If you have questions after looking at this, let me know.  I found these using the Google search

"advanced portfolio" "mike alexander" site:gnucash.org

This search finds more stuff that might be relevant.

         Mike